25 February 2020,   01:24
more
Two people have died in a natural gas leak in Rustavi

A middle-aged couple allegedly died by natural gas in Rustavi.

54 and 58-year-old wife"s death is believed to have been caused by the burning of natural gas. It was reported that a water heater was installed near the bedroom of the dead.

Expert-criminalists are working at the place. The bodies were transported to the Forensics Bureau.

According to the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the investigation launched under the first part of Article 240 of the Criminal Code of Georgia, which implies breach of safety norms during the placement, design, construction or operation of electricity or heat, gas, oil or petroleum products, followed by less severe or severe damage to health.

The crime is punishable by imprisonment for the term of 6 to 10 years, with deprivation of the right to hold office or work for the time of up to three years.

MORE HEADLINES